Funding provided by
Kalamazoo Artistic Development Initiative (KADI) Immediate Needs Minigrant, funded by the Irving S. Gilmore Foundation, provides funding for individual artists who have unanticipated, sudden opportunities to present their work to the public when there is insufficient time to seek other sources of funding, or incur unexpected or unbudgeted expenses for projects close to completion with committed exhibition, performance or deadline dates.
- Artistic Project or Professional Development Grant Maximum Ask: $750.00
- Grant Guidelines: KADI Immediate Needs 2023 Minigrant Guidelines
- Application: Program Will Open May 15, 2023
- Application Deadline Date: Apply when ready, funds awarded until program funds are exhausted.
- Final Report: A pdf of instructions can be found HERE. You can submit your final report online at: kalamazooarts.slideroom.com. Final report is due 4 months after receipt of award letter. Please review final report requirements upon receipt of your grant award.
Arts Council Services
Consultations: The Arts Council offers one-on-one conversations to help applicants navigate each of our programs and understand the best program for their needs. We provide technical assistance with grant writing, as well as referrals.
Workshops: Before each grant deadline, the Arts Council holds workshops throughout Kalamazoo to assist applicants with understanding the grant’s specifications. Seasoned grant writers as well as first time applicants are all welcome to attend. Workshops are free and open to the public.
For a current schedule of Grant Workshops click HERE.
We are here to assist you with any grant related inquiries. Please email Kristen Chesak or call (269) 342-5059.
Logos for Published Materials
Sample Itemized Budget
SMU Data Arts Project
Chronicle of Philanthropy
Irving S. Gilmore Foundation
Kalamazoo Community Foundation
Find your Michigan Senator
Find your Michigan State RepresentativeTHIS PROGRAM IS CLOSED, FUNDS